24 July 2012

Paris (Part 2 - Arc de Triomphe, Dior and Macaroons)

Hi all,

Part 2 of the Paris blog. We visited the arc de Triomphe which was quite amazing. The cars were going every which way around it, I was convinced that they were going to crash. Also on my list of things that I wanted to do was to go to Ladurée for tea. They do amazing macaroons there (which I had with Sophie in London) Unfortunately the restaurant was closed :( they were refurbishing it (oh well, I will just have to go back again) They still had the shop open selling macaroons and other lovely scrummy things. We got 6 macaroons in a really pretty box (which I have kept). We munched through them later on.
Walking down the Champs Elysees we came to Avenue Montaigne. Number 30 avenue Montaigne is where Christian Dior had his couture house. This was my pilgrimage spot!!! I was so excited about seeing it as Dior is a hero of mine. Of course I had to have my picture taken outside it. Inside I was like a kid in a sweet shop :)




The famous Ladurée shop/restaurant. Shame it was being refurbished :(
The Ladurée macaroons (from left to right) chocolate, strawberry marshmallow, rose petal, lemon, coffee, vanilla


xox Niamh xox

2 comments:

  1. You look so cute. I just got back from Paris one month ago and I love the city.

    ~Michelle
    peoniesandballetflats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thanks. Yeah Paris was amazing. We managed to squeeze a lot into a few days, but I bet there is so much more to see and do (I will just have to go back again!) :) x

      Delete