19 May 2013

Raf Simons - Dress of the Year 2012

Hi all,


So, a little while back I posted the dress of the year 2011, which is displayed at the Bath Costume Museum. It took me so long to get around to seeing it, I didn't want that to happen with this years dress. So here it is. The dress of the year 2012 is by Raf Simons, for Dior. I am a very bug fan of Dior, and I love the original design aesthetic the house had, but I also really loved what Galliano was doing for the house. It was dramatic, theatrical and ever so decadent. I was doubting the choice of Raf Simons for Dior, when he was chosen as Galliano's replacement, as his very minimalist approach to design was such a huge contrast from Galliano's. But I think that he has managed well, and given the house a very new fresh look, much more wearable than before.

This dress Colourful embroidered and appliqued silk cut-off ballgown worn with black slim trousers.
Its covered with a layer of fine tulle, with pale blue and pink flowers embroidered, highlighting Christian Dior's own obsession with flowers. The dress has an integral corset and bustier along with a silk-tulle mini petticoat, which can be seen through the split at the front.





xox Niamh xox

1 comment:

  1. it's not really long enough to be a dress??? But yes I love it !!!!

    ReplyDelete