20 April 2012

Pattern of the Week no.1

Hi all,

I thought that it would be a fun idea to start this little weekly post. I inherited paper patterns from the 70's, 80's and 90's, and I am going to share some of them with you. Some of them are VERY dated, but others could quite easily be re-vamped with tweaks to details and using more mod materials. I really want to give this pattern a go, but I'm going to need to size down the pattern.
Start the drum roll please.................. the first pattern is................



This Ralph Lauren pattern has the pattern pieces for the top, and the skirt. Although its from the 80's the frills seen in the shirt can still be seen in many of the shirts and blouses from most of the current collections. I really love the shirt, it has quite a victorian feel to it, with the high neckline. The ruffles and tucks on the front give it such an interesting textural appearance. And as for the sleeve, well I do like a good bishop sleeve. I can imagine this pattern being really successful in a light floaty fabric, such as a chiffon, or georgette, and the cute black bow could be made in a soft fabric too, I'm thinking navy blue, or soft peach. The blazer style jacket could be updated with a nice coloured pin stripe fabric, to give it a more preppy edge. As for the skirt, I like the lines, but this length does not do it for me. Cut it shorter to just above the knee and we may be onto a winner.

Hope you enjoyed this, look forward to more pattern's of the week!

xox Niamh xox

No comments:

Post a Comment