I thought I would share something else I made. For school we had to draft a basic skirt block, then adapt it to make it a bit more interesting. It wasn't a very long project, only a couple of lessons so I decided that I wasn't going to spend any money on making it. I used leftover fabric from our dining room curtains, and 'borrowed' a zip from school. I didn't do any major changes, but made it from 4 panels, instead of the traditional front and back. I put 3 frills on the side panel (anything with frills or gathers and I tend to get excited!)
Heres what it looks like (willingly modelled by Winnie my mannequin :) .....
If I was to do anything different I think I would have made it a little shorter, and tried to give a bit more volume to the frills, maybe by introducing some netting. Hope you like it :)
xox Niamh xox