So, for a project at college I designed and made a butterfly cape which I sharing with you now :) It was only a three week project so I didn't have a huge amount of time to make it (only 1 week!) But I gave it my best effort and I quite like how it has turned out.
I discovered that symmetry is really hard! The front doesn't line up perfectly (which annoys me as I am a perfectionist, and I have been tempted to unpick the whole thing to re-do it... but then I realise that there are more important things in life) The back lines up okay, so its not a complete disaster.
Its got appliqued sections which I embroidered using dissolvable fabric and stitch to 'fuse' the two colours together. And the little white blobs, I painted on with acrylic. Some heavy duty interfacing is helping to hold the shape.
Hope you like it...........
I am hoping that if we get some nice weather where I live I am going to do a proper photoshoot with the cape. I really want to photograph some one wearing it in a forest with sun-light streaming through the branches.... that is if we get any sun this year! :)
xox Niamh xox