22 July 2013

Birthday!!!

Hi all,

Yesterday was my 19th birthday, it was pretty low key, but I thought I would share it with you in a few pictures.

The very scrummy birthday cake that my mum made for me. A raspberry-sour cream coffee cake from the William-Sonoma baking book. It was really yummy!
A few things I received for my birthday. The top image shows a wicker basket which my mum made up with things that will come in handy when I go off to university this September, including a garlic crusher, tea and macaroons! Then two Martha Stewart baking books that I have wanted since we were in Washington (expect to see things from them soon!) The final picture shows a pair of earrings that my next door neighbours gave me. The black in the centre of them is Jet which is actually fossilised monkey puzzle tree. Pretty cool!


Nail of the day, I chose this light pink by Essie 'Muchi Muchi"

The highlight of the day was when we went out for a family meal at Bills. It was sooo good. We shared the mezze plate (bottom photo) for a starter. I then had the crab and smoked trout fishcakes which were really really tasty. I shared pudding with my dad as I was already very full. We shared the creme brulee which was white chocolate and raspberry. Sooo good!
So another birthday has come and gone. I wonder what this year has in store for me?

I will have to wait and see...

xox Niamh xox

1 comment:

  1. yahhhh :) That cake looks amazing :) that's such a cute idea with the hamper, the lemon squeezer is so funny !! I didn't know you could even get them I just shove a fork into my lemons hahaha

    Your lunch looks amazing. I went to Bills and had macaroni, that's my favourite meal :)

    ReplyDelete