Sunday morning breakfast this weekend took a change from the waffles that we normally make. We made blueberry pancakes! I used Martha Stewarts American Foods book which has a buttermilk blueberry pancake recipe. This was my first attempt at them, and they turned out really well! Drizzled with a little maple syrup with a side of bacon, yum!
From Martha’s American Foods
- 1 3/4 cups all pupose flour (plain flour)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon course salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, melted, plus more softened, for skillet and serving
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons neutral tasting oil, such as sunflower
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (or frozen that have been fully thawed)
- Pure maple syrup for serving
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, melted butter, and 2 tablespoons oil to combine.
- Whisk into the flour mix, do not over mix, the batter should be slightly lumpy.
- Fold in the blueberries
- Heat 1 teaspoon softened butter, and remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Working in batches, pour 1/3 cup of batter per pancake.
- Cook until small bubbles form on the surface, about 3 mins
- Flip, cook until underside is golden brown, about 3 mins.
xox Niamh xox