12 July 2013

Tie Dye Scarf

Hi all,

I have done another little experiment with tie dye. After the last scarf I dyed turned out so well I decided to dye another scarf that I wasn't wearing much. It was a solid bright green colour, and I wanted to give it more dimension. This scarf had 3 dying sessions, the first when I used a spray bottle to spray the dye onto the ends of the scarf in order to achieve a colour gradient (hombre) effect. I then used the same dye but diluted down to mottle the overall scarf. I then took a break from dying the scarf but I wanted to give it a bit more decoration, so the final dye bath I used was a navy blue dye, and I tied the scarf to create stripes of colour, and also circles nearer the ends.
This is how it turned out.




I have a few more tie dye projects ahead, I want to try different techniques to get different effects.

xox Niamh xox

2 comments:

  1. this one looks like light at the bottom of an ocean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I never thought of it that way :) it does x

      Delete