2 June 2012

Jubilee Cake

Hi all,

So with the Queens jubilee weekend upon us I decided the best way to celebrate the occasion was to make a cake. We are spending the weekend with some of our friends, so there will be plenty of people to eat this cake. I had a very specific idea in mind of what I wanted to do decoration wise. But I should know that when I have a really specific idea its probably not going to come out exactly like how I envision it. There were a few unseen hurdles to be faced! I decided that I wanted to incorporate the union jack into the cake, and also some red and white roses. Well first off the 'red' food dye only managed to tint the sugar paste a pale shade of pink, so I had to physically paint them with the dye to try to get them red (I felt like the Queen of hearts!), and then the blue didn't come out the shade I wanted. (ah well)
I kind of got a bit carried away with the brush and food dye then, painting strips on the cross of the union jack :)
Here is the cake...






Cake time!!! Hope you all have a great Jubilee weekend :)

xox Niamh xox

6 comments:

  1. that looks amazing !!!! you are so talented x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww wow this cake is sooo cute :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophia, it was certainly fun to make :) x

      Delete
  3. amazing cake! :) turquoise looks much more delicious than blue! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yeah it kind of took almost half the bottle of blue food dye to get that colour :) x

      Delete