I'm back, I survived my Textiles A2 exam. I think it went quite well, there was a really great question with fashion illustration (1920, 1913, 1988 and 1970) I picked the two early dates. And then there was a bit on 1940's make do and mend, which was perfect for me, because I have done an extended essay on fashion in 1940-50. Anyway enough about the exam, I decided to make a little wish list of things that I have been looking at buying (but not, after my shopping trip to london left my purse kind of empty!) Sometime...
1. Bag charm from Free People. I was browsing the website and I saw this. I though it was so cute and colourful, and would really complement a plain leather bag. Its £23.38, a bit pricy for just a bag charm. I have a feeling it wouldn't be too challenging to actually make one of these yourself (just need a few bits of equipment from the craft store)
2. TOMS!! After I got my cream crochet Toms I have been in love with the brand. The shoes are soo comfy and cute, and I love the fact that for every pair you buy you are helping a community somewhere. I love this pair in particular, the stripes and the rope edging give it a very nautical feel, and I think the navy would go with so many things in my wardrobe.
3. Mac Creme Cup lipstick. I have been wanting this lipstick for ages now, but still haven't bought it. Its so glossy and the perfect light pink.
4. The House of Victor and Rolf (book), this one is on my amazon wish list, and it has been for a little while now. I like putting them on the wish list and waiting till the price goes down! I love these guys, their designs are so creative and unique, really inspiring.
5. O.P.I The colour to watch. I love this purple, its got really pretty gold and green undertones that sparkle through the lilac shade. I have a feeling though that this varnish wouldn't be very opaque and need a good few coats, which puts me off a little bit. I always love shimmery nail varnish more when its in the bottle.
6. Ray Ban Wayfarers in tortoise shell ££££. I have really been considering buying a decent pair of sunnies. I have tried on a good few, and love ray bans. I really like aviators, but i found the ray ban ones look kind of weird on me. The wayfarers are so comfy and cute. This will be a big decision when I make it (I might get them in duty free when I travel in the summer)
7. Flowerbomb by Viktor and Rolf. I always spray this perfume when I go to a shop with perfumes. It smells soo good! I am running low on perfume (I find they tend to accumulate, then all run out at the same time!)
8. Free People 'So modern love dress'. £225.58 WAY out of my price zone, but I do love this dress. Its kind of a good thing we don't have free people shops in England, or I would be broke!
Hope you enjoyed, what's on your wishlist?
xox Niamh xox