25 May 2012

Denny Wirawan

Hi all,


Whilst flipping through the book 'Culture to Catwalk: How World Cultures Influence Fashion' by Kristen Knox, (a really great book looking at lots of different cultures, their fashion, and how their traditions have influenced and inspired other designers work) I came across a designer from Jakarta called Denny Wirawan. I was instantly captured by his designs, as they contain very strong dramatic historical links to fashions from previous decades. The large sleeves, bows, and quite british tailoring had me hooked. The collection I was looking at is the one show as part of the Dewi Fashion Knights collection, Jakarta fashion week 2009. There is something very Vivienne Westwood meets Ralph Lauren about them (with a little bit of Galliano thrown in) . The dramatic preppy look I guess. Anyway, I will definitely be hunting down more of his designs because I love them! 






xox Niamh xox

2 comments:

  1. His designs are so amazing, I would really love to wear some of them!
    Thank you for the comment :) x

    ReplyDelete