5 May 2012

Sugarpaste Flowers

Hi,

I have recently got into cake decorating, and I really wanted to give making flowers a try. I picked up a few of the necessary items (sugar paste, food dye and some cutters) I kind of made it up as I went along with a little help from my mum, as she made them a few years ago. You start with a wire (or cocktail stick) and put a blob of the paste on the end. Using the petal cutter, cut the petals and roll another cocktail stick along the outer edge. Stick them together using egg white. It was quite a delicate process, but I found it really fun. I particularly liked the colours, deciding what the flowers would look like. I am planning on making some cakes and decorating them with flowers, but till then here are my first attempts...
This one was light purple, but I had to use a different lot of sugar paste for the outer petals because I was too slow and it kind of dried up a bit too fast. 


Hope you like them.
xox Niamh xox

4 comments:

  1. Can't believe these are your first go !!! So fantastic, did they taste nice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sophie, yeah they tasted pretty good, I didn't want to eat them though after I spent the time putting them together. They are sitting in a small glass on our piano now :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou very much, I love the photography on your blog, I have followed.

    xox Niamh xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe these are your first attempts, they look perfect!

    xo Julie

    ReplyDelete