25 May 2012

Pattern of the Week no. 6

Hi all,

Here we go again with another pattern of the week. This time it is.... Givenchy. This dress has quite an understated and simplistic front, with an almost drop waist skirt, and the back is quite interesting, with the gap and the two bows. If I were to make this dress I think that I would only use one bow, and maybe shorten the sleeve to make it more my style. The back is definitely my favourite part of the design.
Here it is...



Hope you enjoyed, do you like this one? What would you change about this design?  :)

xox Niamh xox

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had an amazing trip! And that pattern is so fun-- I agree with you, I'd make the sleeves shorter, too. I'd probably make it sleeveless, actually, because it looks like it has some pretty big 1980s shoulder pads, and if you wanted a sleeve you'd have to re-draft it to make it fit properly without extra room for a shoulder pad. For me, I'd probably also raise the waist to the natural waist just because it would complement my figure better, but I think you can pull off a drop-waist if you want to.

    Have a lovely day!
    xo Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a really good idea :) Thank you so much for the suggestion x

    ReplyDelete