30 May 2012

Orchid Painting

Hi all,

So, apart from sewing I also love painting. My favourite thing to paint is definitely flowers, their colours and shapes are always so inspiring to me. For my AS course work in art I decided to focus on painting flowers, working primarily in acrylics. It all culminated in my final piece which was this orchid. I had wanted to do it across three separate canvases, but instead I used one huge one (4 foot by 5 foot aprox.), and divided it up with the use of three block background colours, which fade downwards. I found the orchid particularly interesting to paint, as the central part of the flower kind of looks like a mouth. (I also found lilies really good to paint!) My paintings never have any hidden meanings or dark deep messages, they are simply what you see is what you get. And I hope you enjoy seeing them :) 



xox Niamh xox

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I wish I could paint like that! Could you do some posts on some simple DIY art projects?

    Please check out my blog! It would make my day if you followed it!

    kassicalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I will certainly give the D.I.Y projects a go (when I finish my exams!)
      You have a great blog, I am following :)

      Delete