26 May 2012

London Calling

Hi all,

On thursday 24th I went to London for the day. There was an underlying purpose to the trip, I had got a ticket for the Westminster Uni fashion show, which was on in the evening. My mum came with me and we did a little 'retail therapy'. I actually thought that I wasn't going to buy anything, but once I started I ended up getting a few things. (Upcoming blog post with my London haul!)
Here are a few pics giving a run through of the day: 

Homemade raspberry lemonade in Covent Garden. We hit Regent Street first, and I came up with no bags! Anthropology did tempt me with a really gorgeous orange dress, but it wasn't a perfect fit.
Covent Garden market. I swear I have never seen so many union jacks in my life!
Awkward pose! It was so hot in London, I actually felt like I was melting. Outfit: Cream tank from A&F, Grey cardigan from Hollister, Burgundy floral skirt from A&F, Brogues from Topshop, Bag from Nica, and Sunnies from Topshop 
Ralph Lauren Rugby!!!, This is the second time I have been there. The first time I went I practically died when I went in, and I declared that I wanted to die there. The clothes are amazing (particularly some of the shirts with frills) I almost died when I saw the prices (quite expensive!) But they do have a sale section, with good mark downs. I saw a really pretty dark indigo plaid shirt which had been marked down, the first time I went there, and on thursday I decided to buy it, and I love it!
 Now for the Westminster fashion show. I managed to get a really good seat. The front two rows are taken by people from the industry (I saw seating places for people from aquascutum, Matthew Williamson, and 1883 magazine to name a few!) I managed to get a seat on the third row, roughy halfway along the catwalk. I took a couple of pictures, but I only had my little digital camera with me, so they weren't up to much. I decided instead to just sit back and enjoy the experience. As my first 'real' fashion show it was amazing. There are some big names about to come out of Westminster! A couple of my favourites were Poppy Totman, Charlotte Righton, Ciara Ip and Hannah Duckworth. (well the list goes on, because they were all amazing!) I am pretty sure that Pixie Geldof was modelling, failing that someone that looks incredibly like her. One of the students had the first model in the part walk carrying a 3 week old puppy (it was sooo cute, but it kind of distracted me from the clothes!) I am also pretty sure that one of the models also walking for one of the students collections was Daphne Self. For more info on the graduates check out the Wesminster Uni website (they should be putting up the video of the show, and pictures soon!) Click here
First out, Hannah Duckworth (with some very large pointy hats!)
The final walk by the models to conclude the show.
After the show we wandered over to Piccadilly, and grabbed something to eat at the new Whole Foods store. I have never been to a Whole Foods before, so I was blown away by the selection of really tasty looking food. I decided to stick with a salad (as I had a lot of bread earlier in Covent Garden) I picked out loads of different salads from the cold bar (which you can kind of see in the picture, although the lettuce is covering most of them.) The best ones were the potato and chorizo salad, and the green beans (edamame, sugar snap...) I had some mango iced tea with it, which was amazing. This is seriously one of the best iced teas I have ever had. I also got a pot of pineapple and mixed berries, but I was so full after the salad that I couldn't manage it, so I ate it on the train home.



Hope you enjoyed (haul is yet to come!)

xox Niamh xox

No comments:

Post a Comment